Silver ions have a proven antibacterial effect. This characteristic is used both in medically related applications and in everyday objects:
- Silver-containing textiles, sutures and fibres - for the inhibition of bacterial growth
- Silver-containing surface coatings such as paints, varnish and coatings (e.g. refrigerators, kitchen furniture)
- Silver coated water filter cartridges
- Silver doped cleaning cloths
- Wound dressings with colloidal silver
- Plastics with silver doping for use in medical engineering
- Medical products with integrated silver for wound healing
As a GMP-accredited contract laboratory in Switzerland, certified in accordance with ISO 17025, we will analyse for you the content of silver in your products or their silver ion release.
Analysis of quality control for silver-containing products is not heavily regulated. We will develop analysis methods for you in accordance with your customer-specific requirements. As part of your quality assurance systems, we will test for the quality-relevant parameters that you have defined.